Feel like the daily grind’s got you run down?
Out of fresh ideas?
Every sales pro gets stuck in a rut from time to time.
When that happens to you, following the wisdom in these quotes helps you break out of it:
1. “You have to generate revenue as efficiently as possible. And to do that, you must create a data-driven sales culture. Data trumps intuition.”
– Dave Elkington CEO & Founder of InsideSales.com
2. “You know you are running a modern sales team when selling feels more like the relationship between a doctor and a patient and less like a relationship between a salesperson and a prospect…It’s no longer about interrupting, pitching and closing. It is about listening, diagnosing and prescribing.”
– Mark Roberge – SVP Sales & Services at HubSpot.com
3. “When you’re coaching your sales reps, make sure your feedback is timely, consistent, objective, accurate, individualized and relevant.”
– Barry Trailer, Co-Founder of CSO Insights
4. “Instead of trying to sound interesting to others, be interested in them.”
– Brian J. Carroll, Publisher B2BLeadBlog.com
5. “For every sale you miss because you’re too enthusiastic, you will miss a hundred because you’re not enthusiastic enough.”
6. “The best way to sell yourself to others is first to sell the others to yourself.”
– Napoleon Hill
7. “Salespeople today ARE the differentiator. That’s why it’s so critical for you to focus on becoming a valuable business asset to your customers.”
– Jill Konrath, Independent Sales Thought Leader
8. “Value the relationship more than your quota.”
– Jeffrey Gitomer, Independent Sales Thought Leader
9. “If you work just for money, you’ll never make it. But if you love what you are doing, and always put the customer first, success will be yours.”
-Ray Kroc, Founder of McDonald’s
10. “Most people think “selling” is the same as “talking”. But the most effective salespeople know that listening is the most important part of their job.”
– Roy Bartell, Online Business & Sales Thought Leader
11. The best salespeople know that their expertise can become their enemy in selling. At the moment they are tempted to tell the buyer what “he needs to do,” they instead offer a story about a peer of the buyer.
– Mike Bosworth, Author of “Solution Selling”
12. “There is incredible power in leading with research and leading with relevance.”
– Kraig Kleeman, Author of “The Must-React System”
13. “The new role of sales professionals is to educate their prospects on relevant industry issues, facilitate their decision-making process, and provide compelling evidence that makes it easy for their prospects to say yes.”
– Gabriel Padva, Founder of 30,000 FT Strategies
14. “80 percent of prospects who eventually buy are originally marked as bad leads. Don’t totally count them out.”
– Atri Chatterjee, CMO at Act-On Software
15. “Read, read, and read some more. Knowledge and information solve almost every problem.”
– Jim Keenan, Top Sales Influencer
Hopefully these pick you up if you’re in a funk right now!